Re: install files on mac UFS partition (mac mini G4)

On Thu, 4 Nov 2021 at 12:18, kristoff <kristoff%skypro.be@localhost> wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> On 02.11.21 22:40, David Brownlee wrote:
> > Do we know which other macs can boot from MBR disks? Does it work to
> > install onto a USB drive (very handy for testing :)?
>
> I don't know about other Macs, but for the mac mini G$, I can say that
> it does boot from a USB CD-ROM drive, but it does not boot from USB
> flash-drives.
> I have't tried connecting an external USB disk.

Thanks - that's good to know (in a "Grrr Apple" sense :)

> For my problem with my Imac G4, I am still working on it. I have some
> issues but I want to try to find things myself before I 'disturb' other
> people with my problems.

Many of us are already slightly disturbed on this list, so I wouldn't
worry too much about it...

> A small question.
> Does the netbsd/macppc community (or the netbsd in general) have a
> matrix room, or an IRC channel for interactive chat?

There is #netbsd:nil.im for general NetBSD chat - (quick link
https://matrix.to/#/#netbsd:nil.im for anyone who wants to dip in
using a web browser)

David