Re: install files on mac UFS partition (mac mini G4)

Hello Umberto,

On 01.11.21 19:22, Umberto Cerrato wrote:

I am trying to install netbsd 9.2 (or 9.0) on a mac mini G4.

Cool !
I did it too, recently.

I read somewhere that the person who is working on the microwatt (open-source implementation of the Power ISA that has been open-sourced), that he gets a lot of responds of other people.

Apparently, there are quite a few people who really liked the PowerPC architecture. :-)

Well, I would suggest you to follow this guide https://jmmv.dev/2010/01/installing-netbsdmacppc-on-mac-mini-g4.html
If it sounds too complicated (should not be), tell us.
I think the easiest (if you had one) would have been to use a Mac OS X install disk form which create the HFS partition and move the boot loader into it.

I had already read that blog-post.

The problem is that, like most blog-posts, it starts from the assumption that you have a mac CD laying around.

But, as said, this box hasn't run mac for years. It ran linux until debian stopped supporting the pp.

I think we did arrive at a point where people who now try netbsd/macppc have probably received an old device from somebody, or bought if on ebay; .. so do have the MacOSX CDs anymore.

Cheers,
umc

Kristoff