Re: Help with build.sh error - killed

On Thu, 17 Dec 2020 12:50:52 -0800, Bob McGowan wrote:
> So I waited until the build failed and checked the file, to see that
> it had died when one of the sub-processes had died, with the same
> "killed" error.
>
> I have a vague memory that this type of error may indicate
> insufficient RAM/swap.
>
> Can someone tell me if my memory is good or if this means something
> else is wrong?

The exact error message might be helpful...

Coincidentally, I have pretty much the same machine, and ran NetBSD on
it for quite a while. It can take up to 1 GB RAM - 128 MB is a bit on
the frugal side for modern gcc.

Even so, as Jason said, with enough swap configured, the machine should
pull through. How much did you give it?

Cheerio,
Hauke

--