Re: Help with build.sh error - killed

On 12/18/20 1:41 AM, Hauke Fath wrote:
On Thu, 17 Dec 2020 12:50:52 -0800, Bob McGowan wrote:
So I waited until the build failed and checked the file, to see that
it had died when one of the sub-processes had died, with the same
"killed" error.

I have a vague memory that this type of error may indicate
insufficient RAM/swap.

Can someone tell me if my memory is good or if this means something
else is wrong?
The exact error message might be helpful...

Coincidentally, I have pretty much the same machine, and ran NetBSD on
it for quite a while. It can take up to 1 GB RAM - 128 MB is a bit on
the frugal side for modern gcc.

Even so, as Jason said, with enough swap configured, the machine should
pull through. How much did you give it?

Cheerio,
Hauke

I went with the defaults used by in the install process.  That comes to 128M :(

As mentioned in another post, I'll be upgrading memory soon.

Bob