Port-i386 archive

Re: kgdb expected to work?

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 02:31:26PM -0800, Jeff Rizzo wrote:

> ...I can actually attach gdb at that point, which I do.  (This is a
> cross-gdb running under MacOS, built with MKCROSSGDB=yes from the same
> src tree as the kernel)

I have never seen such a gdb work.  I do use kgdb on i386, in approximately
the same setup you have, but using a second NetBSD VM to run the gdb client.

I don't know why, but at least in my experience the past two years,
MKCROSSGDB=yes does not build anything approaching a correctly working
gdb for NetBSD/i386 target on OS X.

Thor