Port-i386 archive

Re: kgdb expected to work?

Remote gdb works for i386 in both vms and physical machines; some of us
at BBN have used it fairly recently.  I am fuzzy on the details, but I
think amd64 doesn't quite work and some register defs are backwards.
Plus there may be some trick to using it under vmware rather than an
actual hardware serial port.  I have on my TODO list to grovel through
our changes for those appropriate to send back, but that won't happen
until December at least.