Port-i386 archive

Re: MATH_EMULATE

Vit Herman <v.herman%sh.cvut.cz@localhost> writes:
>> The real problem is how to make sure that it doesn't rot...
>
> How much could it possibly rot?

It rotted once, didn't it?

An operating system project like NetBSD gets many thousands of changes
a year. Every once in a while, something bumps something
unintentionally. Apparently part of what happened here, for instance,
was a compile option got dropped during the a.out to ELF transition
years ago. When things get knocked into, they break, and if nothing is
making sure that they still work, they stop working.

> BTW I finally got to my 486SX machine yesterday and wanted to try
> NetBSD 4.0 with no luck (the machine restarts right after loading the
> kernel). 3.1 works flawlessly (except for the float stuff).

-current would be the real target here since that's what would get
fixed for the SX. I presume it fails like 4.0 does -- we would want to
figure out why.

--
Perry E. Metzger                perry%piermont.com@localhost