Port-i386 archive

Re: MATH_EMULATE

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

It wouldn't need to be a port. It would just need to be a slightly
different set of compile options.

Agreed.

The real problem is how to make sure that it doesn't rot...

How much could it possibly rot? I mean, how much could such compile options get incompatibile with possible source changes - and what is the chance that it doesn't run even though it does build (and works when built the normal way)?

BTW I finally got to my 486SX machine yesterday and wanted to try NetBSD 4.0 with no luck (the machine restarts right after loading the kernel). 3.1 works flawlessly (except for the float stuff).

Vit Herman