Port-i386 archive

Re: MATH_EMULATE

> I'm somewhat reluctant to force userland to make function calls to do
> things like sqrt if the compiler is now smart enough to inline them
> -- it is bad to slow down 99% of people for the benefit of 1%.

Sounds to me like an argument in favour for that fpuless-i386 port
someone suggested.  (Ideally, I think it would be best to make it
possible to put that code in the kernel instead of userland and then
build userland with FPU instructions, for the benefit of cases like
installation disks where code size matters a lot more than performance
of what little floating point is done.  But of course whoever actually
does it is going to get to make that call.)

/~\ The ASCII                           der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML               mouse%rodents.montreal.qc.ca@localhost