Re: More pcmcia modem

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, Christer O. Andersson wrote:

On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 04:55:08PM -0500, Michael Wileman wrote:

Using a Diva Mobile PC Card from Eicon (a combo card for 128 kpbs
ISDN / 33.6 kbps modem) and cu -l tty01 -s 115200, I get replies

OK, that answers my question I guess. I get no answer at all from the
modem on my Jornada 680 using the 3COM card.

What are you using to communicate with the modem?

cu -l tty01 -s 115200

Hadn't had a chance to look at this further, but I have just tried again. If I type your line above, or your line with "dir" added on to the end, cu gives me "connected". However, I get no reply at all to any AT command.

If I eject the card, cu gives me an error, so I'm sure I have the right port, and it is detecting the card.

Could this be a driver issue. I do not have the driver for the 3com NIC included in my kernel, but should the modem part of the combo card work with the standard com driver? I'm not sure where to go from here. Would love to get this working.

Mike