Re: More pcmcia modem

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, Christer O. Andersson wrote:

On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 02:19:34PM -0500, Michael Wileman wrote:
I found this old report of problems with pcmcia modems in current when
they didn't exist in 2.0.2. Anyone know if this kernel issue has been
resolved. This might be what is keeping my modem from working. Could
people with working pcmcia modems let me know what kernel version you
are using on your Jornada.

Using a Diva Mobile PC Card from Eicon (a combo card for 128 kpbs
ISDN / 33.6 kbps modem) and cu -l tty01 -s 115200, I get replies
on AT and ATI from my HP620LX with 3.99.7, 3.99.14 and 3.0_RC6. I
do get character echo, no response on just a <CR> but at<CR> gives
me at as echo, a newline and OK. ati<CR> gives me ati as echo, a
newline, 33600, two newlines and OK.

OK, that answers my question I guess. I get no answer at all from the modem on my Jornada 680 using the 3COM card.

What are you using to communicate with the modem?

Mike