Re: More pcmcia modem

On Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 03:22:15PM -0500, Michael Wileman wrote:

> >>OK, that answers my question I guess. I get no answer at all from the
> >>modem on my Jornada 680 using the 3COM card.
> >>
> >>What are you using to communicate with the modem?
> >
> >cu -l tty01 -s 115200
>
> Hadn't had a chance to look at this further, but I have just tried
> again. If I type your line above, or your line with "dir" added on to
> the end, cu gives me "connected". However, I get no reply at all to
> any AT command.
>
> If I eject the card, cu gives me an error, so I'm sure I have the
> right port, and it is detecting the card.
>
> Could this be a driver issue. I do not have the driver for the 3com
> NIC included in my kernel, but should the modem part of the combo card
> work with the standard com driver? I'm not sure where to go from here.
> Would love to get this working.

I don't think you need the NIC driver to use the modem, especially
since cu can connect to a serial port on the modem. I am not familiar
with your specific modem though.

The only thing I can think of is that your modem needs a different
baud rate, though it seems unlikely to me. I think all recent modems
support auto-baud. Try some other possible baud rates, e.g. -s 9600
or -s 38400 or -s 57600.

I used my pcmcia combo modem as late as yesterday, to connect to
a remote computer. So my modem definately works. (I only tried AT
and ATI before).

--
Christer O. Andersson
Odensbacken