Partitioning CF issue

Hi all,

I'm having an issue using a CF card on a NetBSD laptop so I can partition
it. I've got an old Pentium laptop that I've successfully installed NetBSD
on. It boots ok and everything seems fine. When I insert the CF card I see
the following:

  wdc2 at pcmcia1 function 0: < LEXAR ATA FLASH CARD    , STORM , TTE01>
  pcic0: port 0x400-0x40f
  pcmcia1: card irq 9
  atabus2 at wdc2 channel 0

After that I can't see the drive. From looking around online it seems I'm
supposed to be seeing some assignment of wd1 to wdc2 by the kernel, but
that never happens. Am I missing something really obvious? Is there a
module that I should load? How do you load modules in NetBSD (I'm linux
friendly, but BSD is mostly unfamiliar to me)

I'm pretty sure this is the last major hurdle to getting my hp620 running
NetBSD, but I can't get past it... Help! :)

Thanks in advance
Marc