Port-hpcmips archive

Re: Workpad Z50 install issue

On 27 March 2015 at 22:59, Larry Stotler <larrystotler%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> The error I am now getting is:
>
> zip: data stream error
> tar: End of archive volume 1 reached
> tar: Unexpected EOF on archive file
>
> at 20%.  I was getting a different error but now can't duplicate that one.
>
> Could the CF card be bad?  I'm probably going to get a newer card
> and/or a microdrive as well.

My Z50 now also has 48MB of RAM so I revisited NetBSD, I was unable to
install 6.1.5 & -current snapshot from earlier this month. Issue for
me appears to be malloc errors when tar attempts to set permissions on
files extracted from the base set. On 6.1.5 after many retries it
passed but then failed again at another set, I gave up at this point
as I'd spent some time on it.
At first I was doing network installs via HTTP & FTP from various
mirrors but then I obtained a 4GB CF which I've not partitioned into
2, one is a FAT partition containing the install sets and the other is
the NetBSD one which I install onto. Still the same behaviour. I'm in
the process of trying to install NetBSD 5.2.3 as I type this email.

Sevan / Venture37