Port-hp300 archive

Re: Working release for an HP 360

Hi,

> I am currently writing an HP9000 series 300 emulator. Actually it can
> run successfully HP-UX 9.10 - with y2k patches and gnu-utils.
>
> Next step is using NetBSD as it supports hp300.

I'm glad to see yet another NetBSD/hp300 user :-)

> I can somehow install it :
> - the included extraction of sets generally failed ..
>   I need to ^Z and use manually pax to install sets
> - the MAKEDEV script generally failed ... it runs but creates nothing in dev
>  I need to append "makedev all" at the end of it and launch it with
> ./MAKEDEV -m /usr/sbin/mknod all

Maybe you extracted sets via NFS?
Checking if commands in miniroot (memory disk) work would be worth.

> - when rebooting, the generic kernel keep the filesystems in read-only ??

You used SCSI disk and on single user, right?
"mount -u /" makes root read/write.

> - most of command works (even gcc to compile a simple program)
> - but ps failed with a core dump (segmentation fault)
>   somewhere in the loading of libraries it tries to access address
> 0x30408520 and of course -> segmentation fault.

One possibility is kernel/userland memory/MMU settings.
Checking NetBSD's initial MMU settings in locore.s might help?
 https://nxr.netbsd.org/xref/src/sys/arch/hp300/hp300/locore.s?r=1.172#456

IIRC, NetBSD uses both %srp and %crp, but NEWS-OS (for news68k)
only uses %crp but also use %tt0 and %tt1.
(though it seems hp-ux kernel also sets %srp)

 :
> It is based on my own cores (hpib, 68xxx, hil, timers, dma, ...)
> For scsi and network I use a heavily modified 98643 and 98265 from mame 228s

At least my HP362 works fine with NetBSD/hp300 9.1:
 https://dmesgd.nycbug.org/index.cgi?do=view&id=5936
so I believe no CPU/MMU/device specific problems in NetBSD side.

Thanks,
---
Izumi Tsutsui