Port-hp300 archive

Sv: Working release for an HP 360

Great! I have been trying to get it to run on a 340. There were some issues with my video card but Izumi fixed
that. Have not gotten further, net booting, than getting the kernel running, but then  kit stops, trying to
get something from NFS.

--
Med vänlig hälsning

Anders Gustafsson, ingenjör
anders.gustafsson%pedago.fi@localhost  |  Support +358 18 12060  |  Direkt +358 9 315 45 121  |  Mobil +358 40506 7099

Pedago interaktiv ab, Nygatan 7 B , AX-22100 MARIEHAMN, ÅLAND, FINLAND

>>> Olivier De Smet <olivier.2.smet%gmail.com@localhost> 2021-04-19 12:02 >>>
Hello,

I am currently writing an HP9000 series 300 emulator. Actually it can
run successfully HP-UX 9.10 - with y2k patches and gnu-utils.

Next step is using NetBSD as it supports hp300.

But I have some troubles with it ... I tried 7.2, 8.2, 9.1 (with last
minirot fs patched)

I can somehow install it :
- the included extraction of sets generally failed ..
  I need to ^Z and use manually pax to install sets
- the MAKEDEV script generally failed ... it runs but creates nothing in dev
 I need to append "makedev all" at the end of it and launch it with
./MAKEDEV -m /usr/sbin/mknod all
- when rebooting, the generic kernel keep the filesystems in read-only ??
- most of command works (even gcc to compile a simple program)
- but ps failed with a core dump (segmentation fault)
  somewhere in the loading of libraries it tries to access address
0x30408520 and of course -> segmentation fault.

Certainly this is due to an error in my emulator code, but to be sure,
can someone tell me which  release is good to use with a 360 with the
following configuration :
- mc 68030
- mc 68882
- 48 MB of ram (I can add much more if needed)
- hp 98544 monochrome topcat at 1024x768
- internal HPIB at 7 (not used for netbsd, working with HP-UX 9)
- hp 98265 scsi at 14
- hp 98643 lance at 21 (not used actually)
- hp 98620 dma channels (32 bits)
- internal HIL keyboard and mouse
- some sort of hp 7958 scsi drive (I used generally an 1.9GB image)
- some sort of a1999a cd rom drive

It is based on my own cores (hpib, 68xxx, hil, timers, dma, ...)
For scsi and network I use a heavily modified 98643 and 98265 from mame 228s

Thanks in advance

Olivier De Smet