Re: Where to load evbearm7hf-el GENERIC kernel?

On 18/03/2024 20:44, Nick Hudson wrote:
"useful stuff"

Thanks for that. I'm pretty sure I tried the "maybe it just works" thing first, but I tried it again with no luck.

In the meantime I had been working through the extensive instructions from ALINX for this board trying to work out how various files get built and where all the sources are. I don't know where all the sources are, but I did get a new DTB file and BOOT.BIN.

On a whim I put the new BOOT.BIN file on the SD card and booting got worse. Now instead of failing to boot, it wouldn't recognise the U-boot FIT image I had and I couldn't work out why. I did notice that the U-boot in this BOOT.BIN was much newer than the one that came with the Zynq board (2023 vs. 2017).

Also, it seemed to have a completely new environment defined, one that looked a lot like the one in my Zybo board. Maybe the problem where I couldn't load non-FIT format U-boot images was fixed?

I followed my own advice that I had given to David the other day and it worked. The ethernet devices didn't attach, but it did come up multi-user.

Never underestimate the usefulness of a newer U-boot I guess.

Ngā mihi,
Lloyd