Information about GSOC project

Hello,

I am interested in "Porting Raspberry Pi graphics -- VC4 DRM driver (350h)”, are there any requirements for the project itself?
Besides that, is there any material to study from or support that can be given out during the development?
I don’t have real project experience in kernel development so that’s something that I’m a bit afraid of but I wanted to learn it and improve my skills.

Thank you very much for your attention.
Best regards,
Luca Uccella