Re: USB audio re-attach after each usage

On Thu, Jan 27, 2022 at 07:18:31AM +0000, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> On a Raspberry Pi running 9.2_STABLE GENERIC64, I have an USB speaker that
> gets detached/re-attached after each time it is used. After a lot of retry, it may disapear until the next reboot, or the kernel may panic.
>
> Any hint why this happens? Is it intended behavior?

I found that reducing the sound volume works around the problem:
ffmpeg4 -i Bongo_Agudo.ogg -filter:a "volume=0.5" -ar 48k Bongo_Agudo.au

Reducing at values between 0.5 and 1.0 reduces the odds of the USB audio
detach event. The lowr the value, the lesser it happens. At 1.0 it always
happen, and at 0.5 it seems to never happen.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu%netbsd.org@localhost