Re: Quartz64

Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:
>On Mon, Jan 31, 2022 at 03:03:47PM +0000, Robert Swindells wrote:
>>
>> Jason Mitchell <jmitchel%bigjar.com@localhost> wrote:
>> >That I don't know. Hopefully if there's an EFI partition on the disk,
>> >the UEFI loader will boot it.
>>
>> It doesn't.
>
>What doesn't what?

The Quartz64 board does not boot NetBSD.

>The images referenced in the wiki page which
>you are supposed to have gunzipped and written to e.g. your emmc
>certainly do include an EFI partition and a working efi bootloader.

Indeed they do, and those partitions and their contents are on the emmc
card that I have written.

>> I propose to delete the NetBSD section from the Quartz64 page on the
>> Pine64 wiki, instructions that don't work make the NetBSD project look
>> bad.
>
>Maybe finding out what goes wrong would be better, and then clarify
>instructions.

What am I doing wrong?

What is your reading of the instructions here:

<https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/Quartz64#Tianocore_EDK_II_port_by_jmcneill>

Have tried both putting the Tianocore image on an sdcard and the
installation image on another eMMC device as well as building up an eMMC
image that combined the two.

I tried emailing jmcneill@, no response. I started this thread to try
to get a response from somebody.

Robert Swindells