Re: Heads up: new SD controller driver for Raspberry Pi in -current

Hi,

On Sun, Jul 30, 2017 at 02:40:34PM -0300, Jared McNeill wrote:
> Hi folks --
>
> I've added a new driver for the Raspberry Pi's SD card controller to
> -current. The BCM283x family includes two SD card controllers; one is an
> Arasan SDHCI compliant controller (sdhc(4) driver) and another internal SD
> HOST controller (the new sdhost(4) driver).
>
> Up until now, we have been using the SDHCI controller to drive the SD
> card slot. The SD HOST controller cannot do SDIO, so using it for the SD
> card slot will allow us to free up the SDHCI controller for use with the
> Wi-Fi chip on the Pi 3 and Zero W boards.
>
> If you have any issues with the new driver, please report them to
> port-arm@. Removing the "sdhost" driver from your kernel will revert to
> the old behavior of using "sdhc" for SD cards.

Not sure if it's an issue, it basically works for me:

sdhost0 at obio0 intr 184: SD HOST controller
sdmmc0 at sdhost0
sdmmc0: SD card status: 4-bit, C4
ld0 at sdmmc0: <0x03:0x5344:SU04G:0x80:0x22d64220:0x10b>
ld0: 3781 MB, 1920 cyl, 64 head, 63 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 7744512 sectors

(although I haven't done much yet - installed via sysinst and booted),
but I also get this:

sdhc0: SDHC 3.0, rev 153, platform DMA, 250000 kHz, HS 3.3V, re-tuning mode 1, 1024 byte blocks
sdmmc1 at sdhc0 slot 0
sdmmc1: unknown tuple code 0x80, length 2
sdmmc1: unknown tuple code 0x80, length 3
sdmmc1: unknown tuple code 0x80, length 3
sdmmc1: unknown tuple code 0x80, length 7

I'm not sure if this is intended, should the "sdmmc*  at sdhc?" still
be in the kernel config file or can this cause some conflict between
the two controllers?  I assume the long term plan is to have sdmmc
exclusively on sdhost0 and have only Wifi (and Bluetooth) on sdhc0?

This is with a HEAD just before your "Cleanup debug messages" commit,
apologies if this has been addressed since.

  Harold