Re: Dockstar boots - was Re: Dockstar question

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 10:31 PM, John Klos <john%ziaspace.com@localhost> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The Dockstar runs indefinitely (well, for an hour now) with a kernel from a
> -current tree from 10-June-2011.

I just tried to build another kernel from -current as of about an hour
ago using the same config as my last "good" kernel (from June 10th)
and it crashes sometime during "rc". The reason I say this is:

I ping the device with the address it is configured to use in rc.conf.
That address will ping for some time, but it does not allow telnet or
ssh in. At some point shortly after the address starts replying to
pings, it stops replying to pings (maybe 30 seconds). My guess is it
is hitting a panic sometime during "rc" after the kernel loads.

I guess I need to hook up a serial cable and see if I can watch the console.

It would be really nice to get one more confirmation that sources
after June 11 or so will not produce a stable kernel.

Andy