Re: IOBlix

Hi,

On Sep 18, 2014, at 2:42 PM, Frank Wille wrote:

Al wrote:

Perhaps for the moment run a cable between an IOblix port and the
motherboard serial to see if you can get it to communicate properly.

What would be the best way to do this? Are you saying to set one of
the ports on the IOBlix to 38400 and then the built in serial port to
9600?

I guess what John says it that you should connect IOBlix SER0 with the
Amiga's standard serial port using a null-modem cable. Of course you have
to set the same speed on both ports. :)

You need two shells to start the communication.

1st shell: # cu -l tty00 -s 9600
2nd shell: # cu -l ttyC0 -s 9600

They should connect, and when you type something in one shell it should appear on the other. This would verify the function of the IOBlix without
the modem.

Okay, I have tried this. All I get is ??????? on the other screen. Should I be looking for another card? Does anyone know where I could find a Hypercom 4+ ?

Kind Regards,
Al