Re: Keyboard lockup with NetBSD5

On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 11:16:17 +0200
"Alexander Coers" <Alexander.Coers%gmx.de@localhost> wrote:

> I have a DLink PCMCIA ethernet card, but while installing and
> configuring sshd I stumbled on another "feature" of NetBSD 4.0.1, the
> "can not change password" thing (Message is something like "Couldn't
> generate salt Unable to change auth token: error in service module").

Oh yes, that one...

> Now I have to edit something in /etc/passwd.conf and hope that I can
> change my password and get access to the amiga via ssh from my Mac.
> At least ping works...

That's promising. When you get remote access, please let us know about
anything unusual, like system load or the kbd-interrupts (vmstat -i).

Just another point to check: can you build and try a kernel with wscons
enabled, instead of ite? I don't remember if anybody ever tested it
(I didn't), but I guess you have to enable in the config file:
- amidisplaycc0, wsdisplay0 and the following options
- wskbd0
- wsmouse
. pseudo-device wsmux (and probably wsfont as well)
And disable all ite*.

I will try that myself during the following days and prepare a kernel
for you, if you like.

That might be an interesting test, because the only modification in kbd.c
since NetBSD 4 was at the bottom of kbdstuffchar(), called by kbdintr().
It has to do with the timecounter/clock modifications, and now we are
calling the MI firm_gettime() function there.

But for wscons, this part is not even reached.

--
Frank Wille