Re: Moving wip to Subversion

Am 12.03.2006 um 23:07 Uhr +1100 schrieb grant beattie:
On Sun, Mar 12, 2006 at 11:50:07AM +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:

 I see the following problems:
 1 NetBSD has cvs(1) in the base system, subversion is "only" a package;
   that increases the barrier for getting started
> 2 We need a replacement script that generates the commit mails (Is there one
   already? Does it have all the feature the currently used one has?)

3. it is extremely convenient that pkgsrc and wip are under the same
revision control software. the learning curve is small and this is
always a good thing, especially for new users.

Strongly seconded. What we do in wip is not rocket science, and well within the capabilities of cvs.

I'd find a switch "just because we can, and it's cool" rather annoying.

        hauke

--
/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign                    Hauke Fath
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email             Institut für Nachrichtentechnik