Re: Moving wip to Subversion

Hi!

On Sun, Mar 12, 2006 at 10:37:59AM +0000, Pippijn van Steenhoven wrote:
> since sourceforge has now enabled subversion (see
> http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?group_id=1&docid=19242#january-2006),
> I thought it might be nice if pkgsrc-wip made use of this feature and moved
> to Subversion. I am not sure what such a move would implicate, but if
> feasible, I think it would be a good idea as Subversion is much superior to
> CVS in functionality, ease of use and speed. The system has been tested by
> beta-testers on sourceforge, as that article indicates, so I personally see
> no reason not to move. Comments would be appreciated.

I see the following problems:
1 NetBSD has cvs(1) in the base system, subversion is "only" a package;
  that increases the barrier for getting started
2 We need a replacement script that generates the commit mails (Is there one
  already? Does it have all the feature the currently used one has?)

What do others think about 1?
Is someone willing to provide a script for 2?

Other comments?
 Thomas