Re: sqlite3 json1

    > "Mathew, Cherry G.*" <c%bow.st@localhost> writes:
    >> microblog_env=$microblog_env\
    >> "LD_PRELOAD=/usr/pkg/lib/libsqlite3.so"
    >>
    >> in my as yet uncommitted rc.d/microblog. Seems to work so far.

    > I am assuming this is in a package in pkgsrc.

    > This is not ok for lots of reasons - the daemon should work when
    > not started from rc.d - prefix might not be /usr/pkg - it was
    > linked with something else, different ABI, and now switched - this
    > did not ensure pkgsrc sqlite3 was present.

    > I think you want PREFER_PKGSRC=sqlite3 or something that seems
    > like that but uses the right variable, so that the microblog
    > package depends on pkgsrc sqlite and links against it.

    > Also, pkgsrc slqite3 might grow USE_SQLITE3_FEATURES and setting
    > hat to json1 should force a sqlite3 with that feature.  But that's
    > a pkgsrc developer fix, not a user workaround given how pkgsrc is
    > today.

Well, this assumes that I'm using pkgsrc - I'm not - I'm in a binary
only situation - packages installed from pkgin. So it's a temp kludge.

The microblog package isn't in pkgsrc (yet) - thanks for all the info
above, this will help me actually package it properly! I think once that
is done, it should work "out of the box"

--
~~cherry