Re: sqlite3 json1

"Mathew, Cherry G.*" <c%bow.st@localhost> writes:

> microblog_env=$microblog_env\ "LD_PRELOAD=/usr/pkg/lib/libsqlite3.so"
>
> in my as yet uncommitted rc.d/microblog. Seems to work so far.

I am assuming this is in a package in pkgsrc.

This is not ok for lots of reasons
  - the daemon should work when not started from rc.d
  - prefix might not be /usr/pkg
  - it was linked with something else, different ABI, and now switched
  - this did not ensure pkgsrc sqlite3 was present.

I think you want PREFER_PKGSRC=sqlite3 or something that seems like that
but uses the right variable, so that the microblog package depends on
pkgsrc sqlite and links against it.

Also, pkgsrc slqite3 might grow USE_SQLITE3_FEATURES and setting hat to
json1 should force a sqlite3 with that feature.  But that's a pkgsrc
developer fix, not a user workaround given how pkgsrc is today.