Re: building lang/llvm with pkgsrc clang

* On 2022-09-02 at 12:25 BST, Edgar Fuß wrote:

And building libcxxabi fails with multiple "error: template argument 4 is invalid"

Does this really work on SunOS? What's the base compiler used there?

Yes it works, I spent a while getting clang building with the full suite a few years ago, as well as patching it for some GCC compatibility, and the bulk builds I ran back then showed it worked reasonably well.

The base compiler is GCC 10, built from pkgsrc-joyent. While clang works, I wouldn't recommend using it, the base compiler will always provide the best experience and avoid conflicts with libgcc/libstdc++ etc.

--
Jonathan Perkin   -   mnx.io   -   pkgsrc.smartos.org
Open Source Complete Cloud   www.tritondatacenter.com