Re: using pkgsrc with pkgsrc clang

* On 2022-08-18 at 23:00 CEST, Greg Troxel wrote:

Edgar Fuß <ef%math.uni-bonn.de@localhost> writes:

I think if you start with nothing and build clang and then set
PKGSRC_COMPILER you will be ok.
Wouldn't I at least need to re-build libtool-base?

Maybe, but the C ABI should be the same; C is a language with an actual
ABI, vs <baiting>the broken glass of C++</> :-)

The problem is that libtool embeds (at least on some platforms) the paths to GCC runtime objects and library paths. In my SunOS builds I have to patch that out so that it is compiler-agnostic.

--
Jonathan Perkin   -   mnx.io   -   pkgsrc.smartos.org
Open Source Complete Cloud   www.tritondatacenter.com