Re: MesaLib vs. libdrm

On Tue, 15 Mar 2022 at 19:45, Rhialto <rhialto%falu.nl@localhost> wrote:

> On Tue 15 Mar 2022 at 19:28:38 +0000, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
> > PREFER_PKGSRC = freetype2 MesaLib fontconfig pango cogl
>
> Once upon a time I had a need (and I don't remember why, anymore) to use
> MesaLib from pkgsrc. And I discovered that if you do that, you need some
> others as well. So since then I have in my mk.pkgsrc.conf:
>
> PREFER.MesaLib = pkgsrc
> PREFER.libdrm = ${PREFER.MesaLib}       # req'd by MesaLib

It would appear that this was indeed my problem - so far I had pkgsrc
MesaLib, but there was no setting for libdrm and no libdrm package
installed, so MesaLib was using the system libdrm; with the latest
MesaLib upgrade this seems impossible and libdrm must also be from
pkgsrc. With these settings (c/p-ed) I was able to build libdrm and
MesaLib and at the moment am rebuilding the packages which were
dependent on MesaLib.

> PREFER.glu = ${PREFER.MesaLib}  # automatically correct for most; req'd for xscreensaver
> PREFER.glew = ${PREFER.MesaLib}
> PREFER.gle = ${PREFER.MesaLib}  # req'd by xscreensaver
> # GL (MesaLib), gle and glu should generally match up, PREFER-wise.
>
> to keep all of these at the same setting.
>
> I had some mysterious failures if they were not consistent.
>
> -Olaf.

Thanks,

Chavdar

--