Re: MesaLib vs. libdrm

On Tue, 15 Mar 2022 at 15:57, Tobias Nygren <tnn%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Mar 2022 13:40:45 +0000
> Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> >> How current is your -current?
> > NetBSD ymir 9.99.94 NetBSD 9.99.94 (GENERIC) #4: Fri Mar 11 00:07:50 GMT 2022
>
> So, the problem here is that /usr/X11R7/lib/pkgconfig/libdrm*.pc are
> out of date and report the wrong version. I've asked mrg to take a look
> at that. After it is fixed in current, MesaLib itself should build
> again.
>
> > I might try to delete all these packages and MesaLib and see if
> > subsequently they will build using the native libGL.so
>
> This is probably for the best. I just started a build of www/firefox
> on a clean -current w/ x11 sets and it didn't depend on pkgsrc
> graphics/MesaLib nor x11/libdrm to get going. Dependency wise
> I don't see pkgsrc doing anything wrong.

Precisely the opposite here - I force-nuked all the packages depending
on MesaLib and tried to rebuild firefox - it fails because there is

mozilla-common.mk:.include "../../graphics/MesaLib/buildlink3.mk"

so from there it again tries to install x11/libdrm. I don't understand
why it works for you.

--
----