Re: MesaLib vs. libdrm

Thanks for the response.

On Tue, 15 Mar 2022 at 13:22, Tobias Nygren <tnn%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Mar 2022 21:48:04 +0000
> Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> > On my last pkg_rolling-replace under -current amd64 the update to
> > MesaLib failed; it is used by a bunch of other packages - e.g.
> > blender, firefox etc. - and has been working fine. Now it fails as it
> > insists on building x11/libdrm - which I do not build as I am using
> > the native X11.
> >
> > How can I solve this? I really don't want to part from native X11, as
> > it works fine on the machines I am using it on, including relatively
> > decent 3d acceleration. There is a big .if / .endif section in the
> > Makefile depending on MESALIB_SUPPORTS_DRI, which includes buildlink2
> > from libdrm; when I try to build the latter, I get:
> >
> > ERROR: This package has set PKG_SKIP_REASON:
> > ERROR: Package set is using native X11 component
> > *** Error code 1
>
> Hi,
>
> Hmm, I did at least some build testing with native Xorg before landing
> the update to try to preempt this sort of issue. I might have missed
> something. How current is your -current?

$ uname -a
NetBSD ymir 9.99.94 NetBSD 9.99.94 (GENERIC) #4: Fri Mar 11 00:07:50 GMT 2022

> The latest Mesa requires
> libdrm greater than 2.4.107. It looks like -current has 2.4.109 since
> 9th of January so it should be detected as a sufficient native
> component assuming the builtin logic is not wrong. I'm also not sure
> why you'd want to install pkgsrc Mesa when you run native Xorg. It will
> likely cause problems.

Good question. I have no idea, I do not remember if I have installed
it deliberately or as a dependency. I have

pkg_infoInformation for MesaLib-20.0.6nb2:

Comment:
Open source OpenGL implementation

Requires:
libelf>=0.8.5
libLLVM>=9.0.0
wayland>=1.18.0nb3
wayland-protocols>=1.17
libva>=2.3.0

Required by:
gl2ps-1.4.2nb1
fltk-1.3.8
libepoxy-1.5.4
glew-2.2.0nb2
gle-3.1.0nb4
glu-9.0.2
cgal-4.14nb25
freeglut-3.2.1nb3
SDL2-2.0.20
blender-2.93.5nb3
firefox-97.0.2
wxGTK30-3.0.5.1nb5
kitty-0.24.2
cogl-1.22.0nb12
clutter-1.26.2nb8
qemu-6.2.0
octave-6.4.0

> Anyway, I'll have a look to see if I can
> reproduce the problem.

I might try to delete all these packages and MesaLib and see if
subsequently they will build using the native libGL.so (incidentally,
I don't know if it matters, but I have
... 553920 Mar  3 21:43 /usr/X11R7/lib/libGL.so.3.0, but
... 667064 Jan 27 00:08 /usr/pkg/lib/libGL.so.1.2.0

> -Tobias

Chavdar

--
----