Re: MesaLib vs. libdrm

On Tue 15 Mar 2022 at 19:28:38 +0000, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
> PREFER_PKGSRC = freetype2 MesaLib fontconfig pango cogl

Once upon a time I had a need (and I don't remember why, anymore) to use
MesaLib from pkgsrc. And I discovered that if you do that, you need some
others as well. So since then I have in my mk.pkgsrc.conf:

PREFER.MesaLib = pkgsrc
PREFER.libdrm = ${PREFER.MesaLib}       # req'd by MesaLib
PREFER.glu = ${PREFER.MesaLib}  # automatically correct for most; req'd for xscreensaver
PREFER.glew = ${PREFER.MesaLib}
PREFER.gle = ${PREFER.MesaLib}  # req'd by xscreensaver
# GL (MesaLib), gle and glu should generally match up, PREFER-wise.

to keep all of these at the same setting.

I had some mysterious failures if they were not consistent.

-Olaf.
--
___ "Buying carbon credits is a bit like a serial killer paying someone else to
\X/  have kids to make his activity cost neutral." -The BOFH    falu.nl@rhialto