Re: Testing rust 1.56.0

>>> As noted earlier, it looks like it's now required to do the
>>> wip/rust build with
>>> PKG_OPTIONS.rust+= rust-llvm
>>> set in /etc/mk.conf, so before the update is pushed to main
>>> pkgsrc that default may have to change, but for now the wip/rust
>>> package appears to require it.
>>
>> I've already told you off-list but, it builds fine with llvm-12
>> from main pkgsrc.  I don't have PKG_OPTIONS.rust+= rust-llvm
>> set in /etc/mk.conf and the build was not only successful but,
>> as stated it compiles working binaries of rust applications.
>
> Hm, OK, the breakage might then be non-universal.  Adam reported
> the following:
>
>   I tried the package on macOS 12, but building fails. Then I
>   tried again with (external) LLVM 13 and it builds correctly. My
>   guess is, with 'rust-llvm' option turned off, Rust requires
>   LLVM 13 for all architectures.
>
> So ... is this a problem only on macOS 12?
>
>> Thank you for your efforts on this. Be assured, I'll always try
>> to build the latest rust in amd64 current and test it.
>
> Thanks, it's appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> - Håvard

Even with my local LLVM 13 package I got unstable Rust compiler; it failed occasionally. I could be something with LLVM on macOS 12. I might give it another try.

I took liberty to enable 'rust-llvm' option for Darwin, and now I've got a working Rust.
Also, I've added 'rust-docs' option to build and install the documentation. I find it very handy.
All pushed to wip.

Kind regards,
Adam