Re: Package to access cell-phone storage?

Paul Goyette <paul%whooppee.com@localhost> writes:

> On Fri, 18 Mar 2016, Jonathan A. Kollasch wrote:
>
>>> I'm sure there must be a package somewhere in pkgsrc that can
>>> connect to this ugen device and transfer files to/from the phone.
>>> My primary goal would be to get my ssh keys onto the phone so I can
>>> contine to use the ConnectBot (ssh client) app.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions?
>>
>> pkgsrc/devel/libmtp should work for Android.  There may or may not also
>> be a nearly-hidden menu item somewhere on the phone to switch it back to
>> USB-MSC for umass(4).
>
> Well, searching the web came up with instructions for enabling some
> sort of "USB Debug" mode (after gaining root access).  I tried that
> but it didn't work.

That sounds off.  First, you don't need to root the phone to run USB
debugging, but you do need to install the android devtools, and I am not
aware that they work under NetBSD, but they might.

But you do need to allow each computer to debug the phone, vs transfer files.

Then, with adb you can copy individual files.