NetBSD-Users archive

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]

Re: disks, partitions, slices, etc.



Ramiro Aceves <ea1abz%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> El 5/10/26 a las 18:59, Jeff escribi?:
> > Just to follow up with results:
> > 
> > I did create the ext2 filesystem with "newfs_ext2fs", then I mounted
> > it in NetBSD and created some test files.? I rebooted into Gentoo
> > and tried to mount it, but got an error about a block overlap,
> > saying that the filesystem needed to be repaired.
> > ...
> I can confirm what you observed. I created an ext2 filesystem in
> NetBSD in a spare pendrive, copied 5 GB of files and when I tried
> to mount it in Debian it failed:
> ...

Just thought I'd add another data point here.  I've currently two
systems on which I've setup an EXT2 "commons" file system for
sharing between Linux and NetBSD and neither have displayed issues
with mounting.  However on both system I did the initial disk
partitioning using gpartd.  On the first system I formatted the
EXT2 partition using Linux and have seen some occasional weirdness
when mounted on NetBSD, mostly to do with initial file creation.
On the second system I opted to format the EXT2 partition from
NetBSD using newfs_ext2(8) and have not had any issues at all.

One issue I have seen (on the first system) is rsync hanging when
the EXT2 FS is mounted to NetBSD.  I haven't tested rsync on the
second system yet (I'll do it soon for the sake of Science).

-B


Home | Main Index | Thread Index | Old Index