NetBSD-Users archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: disks, partitions, slices, etc.
El 4/10/26 a las 13:39, Robert Elz escribió:
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2026 09:26:11 +0200
From: Ramiro Aceves <ea1abz%gmail.com@localhost>
Message-ID: <805184e3-3466-4b13-b94d-36f1d36a01fa%gmail.com@localhost>
| I am almost sure that I used "fsck.ext2 /dev/sd0e" instead
| "fsck.ext2 /dev/rsd0e".
| is that possible?
It would be slower, but I doubt a factor of 5 - the biggest effect
is more likely using more CPU time for copying data around.
I doubt that our ext2 fsck is particularly optimised however.
Hi Robert
/usr/pkg/sbin/fsck.ext2 I used is from pkgsrc e2fsprogs, our fsck is /sbin/fsck_ext2fs, I think, am I right?
Thanks so much.
kre
ps: on a big enough filesystem, even ffs fsck on the raw device
can run for days...
- References:
- Re: disks, partitions, slices, etc.
- Re: disks, partitions, slices, etc.
- disks, partitions, slices, etc.
- Re: disks, partitions, slices, etc.
- Re: disks, partitions, slices, etc.
- Re: disks, partitions, slices, etc.
- Prev by Date:
Re: disks, partitions, slices, etc.
- Next by Date:
Re: disks, partitions, slices, etc.
- Previous by Thread:
Re: disks, partitions, slices, etc.
- Next by Thread:
Re: disks, partitions, slices, etc.
- Indexes:
Home |
Main Index |
Thread Index |
Old Index