Re: Libreoffice: Error about /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.7

Bruce Nagel <nagelbh%sdf.org@localhost> writes:

> Using either my original pkgsrc url that e.g. url I get this error when trying
> to do 'pkgin upgrade':
>
> pkgin: empty local package list.
>
> 'pkgin list' gives the same: Requested list is empty.

It is possible you have crossed wires about where your pkgdb is.    I
suggest you read carefully:
  https://www.pkgsrc.org/pkgdb-change/

and look around in your filesystem and see the script and be super
careful.

You may also want to update pkgin.   I have no idea how old your
installed packages are.   As I said before, having some packages old,and
especially very old, is asking for trouble because essentially nobody
who contributes to pkgsrc does is that way.
> 'pkg_admin check' gives a lot of errors to the effect of:
>
> pkg_admin: libreoffice-7.5.1.2: File `/usr/pkg/libreoffice-7.5.1.2/lib/libreoffice/sha
> re/extensions/dict-is/license.txt' is in +CONTENTS but not on filesystem!
>
> but mentions no other packages, just libreoffice.

So your installed libreoffice is broken.  I suggest 'pkgin rm
libreoffice' to get to a safer that.

> 'pkg_info -a' gives a long list of packages that looks like what I have
> installed.

Also check if you hvae /usr/bin/pkg_info and /usr/pkg/sbin/pkg_info both
and if they print the same thing.

> If I try to do: 'pkgin install libreoffice' it now offers to install it,
> without the libsdtc++ error it was giving before, but due to the 'empty
> package list' error I have not done that yet, figuring there's a bigger
> issue to resolve.

Try also "pkgin sk" and "pkgin -n upgrade".