Re: Libreoffice: Error about /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.7

On Mon, Aug 07, 2023 at 07:14:23PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
Bruce Nagel <nagelbh%sdf.org@localhost> writes:

Using either my original pkgsrc url that e.g. url I get this error when trying
to do 'pkgin upgrade':

pkgin: empty local package list.

'pkgin list' gives the same: Requested list is empty.

It is possible you have crossed wires about where your pkgdb is.    I
suggest you read carefully:
 https://www.pkgsrc.org/pkgdb-change/

and look around in your filesystem and see the script and be super
careful.

The 'check and fix' script finds no problems.

I confirmed that in the following files, PKG_DBDIR=/usr/pkg/pkgdb is the
file path set:

 /usr/pkg/etc/pkg_install.conf
 /etc/mk.conf
 /etc/pkg_install.conf

It does appear that pkgin is still putting info in /var/db/pkgin, because
the cache, pkg_install-err.log, and pkgin.db files there have all been updated
today (when I updated pkgin using pkgin):

 contents of /var/db/pkgin:

 drwxr-xr-x  2 root  wheel     23552 Aug  8 12:42 cache
 -rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel   4959205 Aug  8 12:42 pkg_install-err.log
 -rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  35078144 Aug  8 12:42 pkgin.db

So it appears pkgin is still writing to /var/db/pkgin for some reason, what
config file controls that for pkgin?

The manpage for pkgin says:

    /var/db/pkgin
                   This directory contains the individual files and
                   directories used by pkgin listed below.

The version of pkgin I have installed is 22.10.0nb2, the most current showing
on pkgsrc.org, so it should be putting things in /usr/pkg/pkgdb, correct?

Maybe I missed something in https://www.pkgsrc.org/pkgdb-change/

You may also want to update pkgin.   I have no idea how old your
installed packages are.   As I said before, having some packages old,and
especially very old, is asking for trouble because essentially nobody
who contributes to pkgsrc does is that way.

My starting point on this system was a fresh NetBSD 9.3 install (in April).
I have now installed pkgin-22.10.0.nb2 (and with it pkgin also installed
pkg_install-20211115).
'pkgin upgrade' still gives "pkgin: empty local package list."

'pkg_admin check' gives a lot of errors to the effect of:

pkg_admin: libreoffice-7.5.1.2: File `/usr/pkg/libreoffice-7.5.1.2/lib/libreoffice/sha
re/extensions/dict-is/license.txt' is in +CONTENTS but not on filesystem!

but mentions no other packages, just libreoffice.

So your installed libreoffice is broken.  I suggest 'pkgin rm
libreoffice' to get to a safer that.

Attempting this gives the "pkgin: empty local package list." error

'pkg_info -a' gives a long list of packages that looks like what I have
installed.

Also check if you hvae /usr/bin/pkg_info and /usr/pkg/sbin/pkg_info both
and if they print the same thing.

/usr/pkg/sbin/pkg_info -V    gives   20211115
/usr/sbin/pkg_info -V        gives   20201218

If I try to do: 'pkgin install libreoffice' it now offers to install it,
without the libsdtc++ error it was giving before, but due to the 'empty
package list' error I have not done that yet, figuring there's a bigger
issue to resolve.

Try also "pkgin sk" and "pkgin -n upgrade".

"pkgin sk" gives: a long list (looks like all of my installed packages)

"pkgin -n upgrade" - gives error: "pkgin: empty local package list."

I'm puzzled as to why pkgin is storing its information in /var/db/pkgin
(and why the manpage still says that's where it should store it).

Thanks,
Bruce
--
If religion were true, its followers would not try to bludgeon their young
into an artificial conformity; but would merely insist on their unbending