Re: Libreoffice: Error about /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.7

On Mon, Aug 07, 2023 at 08:02:53AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
Bruce Nagel <nagelbh%sdf.org@localhost> writes:

When attempting to upgrade libreoffice using pkgin, I am getting the following
before the (massive) list of packages to be updated:

You didn't say what version of NetBSD, which arch, and where the binary
packages you are using are coming from.

/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.7, needed by gcc7-7.5.0nb6 is not present in this system.

After having updated some other packages (installing a new version of Firefox52
in hopes that it wouldn't crash like crazy) trying to run libreoffice gives
this error:

It is in general unsound to update some but not all packages.   I guess
in theory the dependency rules should express what's necessary and
partial updates should be ok.

Sorry Greg, that would be:

NetBSD Bast 9.3 NetBSD 9.3 (GENERIC) #0: Thu Aug  4 15:30:37 UTC 2022  mkrepro%mkrepro.NetBSD.org@localhost:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC amd64

packages are coming from:
http://cdn.NetBSD.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/amd64/9.3/All

Currently-installed gcc reports its version as 7.5.0nb4, 7.5.0nb6 is to be
installed.

So standard NetBSD/pkgsrc practice is to do a 'pkgin upgrade' rather than
upgrading individual packages using 'pkgin install <package>' as one might do
on e.g., a Linux system?

Thank you,
Bruce
--
I had the misfortune or the fortune to learn how to read fluently starting
about the age of three, so I had read maybe 150 books by the time I hit first