Re: updating direct from 5 to 9?

    Date:        Sun, 21 Aug 2022 07:55:45 -0400
    From:        Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost>

  | But interesting that 9.2 build.sh works on 6.1.

Not relevant to the actual topic, but that stopped working for me,
I think even before -9 was released.   The basic system would build,
but something in X required tools that couldn't be compiled using
the -6 version of gcc.

But if you just meant the script, rather than a complete
successful build, then yes, it was designed (not by me, in
case that is not clear) to work almost anywhere.

kre