Re: updating direct from 5 to 9?

Christopher Pinnock <chris_pinnock%mac.com@localhost> writes:

> There is a change of file system superblock format between 7 and 8
> iirc which may need some attention.

Do you mean what Martin just pointed out?   I have definitely done
upgrades 5->6->7->8->9 (and 9->current about a year ago) with no issues,
but all my filesystems were created by NetBSD.  I have interleaved the
following updates:
  1. update NetBSD versions on some hardware and disk
  2. update hardware and move the disk from old hardware
  3. replace disks in same box and do dump/restore

and at one point I probably did 2/3 at the same time.

> (Previously I have managed to build.sh 9.2 on a 6.1 machine.)

I'm not trying to build; I have a netbsd-9 i386 build that I have
tested.

But interesting that 9.2 build.sh works on 6.1.