Re: NetBSD 10 -- new way of attaching virtual interfaces to bridge?

Hi Manuel,

Am 25.05.2022 um 14:53 schrieb Manuel Bouyer:
On Wed, May 25, 2022 at 02:45:50PM +0200, Matthias Petermann wrote:

so is my understanding correct - for NetBSD 10 as Xen Dom0 it is required to
migrate from tap to vether? May I ask how to tell xentools415 to create a
vether device instead of a tap?

If your talking about the devices used for qemu's emulated ethernet
devices (in HVM guests), these are real tap devices so don't need to
be migrated.
vether is for the case where a tap device was used without the
"other end" (and in the Xen case, qemu is the other end)

Thanks for the clarification. You are right - I messed this up. Actually I was concerned about qemu emulated devices in HVM guests.

Kind regards
Matthias