Re: NetBSD 10 -- new way of attaching virtual interfaces to bridge?

On Wed, May 25, 2022 at 02:45:50PM +0200, Matthias Petermann wrote:

> Hi,

> > > The same way you do with tap I guess:
> > > ifconfig vether0 create
> > > ifconfig vether0 up
> > > brconfig bridge0 add vether0 up
> >
> > Well, that's just as straightforward as tap was. I was expecting something a lot more complicated but I had forgotten how elegantly simple NetBSD is.
> >
> > Thank you, Manuel.
>
> so is my understanding correct - for NetBSD 10 as Xen Dom0 it is required to
> migrate from tap to vether? May I ask how to tell xentools415 to create a
> vether device instead of a tap?

If your talking about the devices used for qemu's emulated ethernet
devices (in HVM guests), these are real tap devices so don't need to
be migrated.
vether is for the case where a tap device was used without the
"other end" (and in the Xen case, qemu is the other end)