Re: rdp access netbsd 9.2

Hi Andy,

On Wed, May 11, 2022 at 7:32 PM Andrew Ball <asbatwrk%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
  GG> freerdp2 is the only rdp client I saw in pkgsrc, I've never used
    > it.

    Ah, my mistake.  I thought you were looking for an RDP server.  In
the past I have used rdesktop as an RDP client.

Oops, that was a typo. I'm actually looking for a rdp server config on netbsd. Second client, after ssh, to access all my remote systems.

I am consolidating consulting notes, POC scripts, which requires some iterative bootstrapping to wrap up. Also, I wanted to try out https://copilot.github.com/ which requires access to https://github.com/ and uses node.js, so need a GUI with firefox but I don't want to install all the deps on my workstation, or even use the account with all my credentials in it. Seems like a good time to set up rdp OS sandboxes, I'd prefer NetBSD, but I'm stalled and if nobody else is using rdp for netbsd gui, I have other fish to fry. :-)

-George

On Wed, May 11, 2022 at 7:32 PM Andrew Ball <asbatwrk%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
Hello George,

  GG> ...xrdp is probably a better option than freerdp2, see below.

    I'm told freerdp2 is only an RDP client, which doesn't sound like
what you are looking for.

  GG> In my experience, RDP is less glitchy and works much better over
    > network latency than vnc.

    There are some vnc clients that aren't great.  On NetBSD I tend to
use tightvnc.  On others I use the free RealVNC viewer.

  GG> freerdp2 is the only rdp client I saw in pkgsrc, I've never used
    > it.

    Ah, my mistake.  I thought you were looking for an RDP server.  In
the past I have used rdesktop as an RDP client.

Regards,
  - Andy Ball

--
George Georgalis, (415) 894-2710, http://www.galis.org/