Re: Network Oddities

interface configuration
- rc.conf
   dhcpcd=YES
   dhcpcd_flags="-qM"

- ifconfig.wm1 and ifconfig.wm0
   up
   media autoselect

I did have a core dump in the root directoy
-rw-------   1 root  wheel  493K May  3 12:56 dhcpcd.core

Scenarios
1. With both network cables connected but only one ifconfig.if file I get two different addresses. - service network restart works as expected; however service dhcpcd restart produces the seg fault.

2. With both network cables connected but only one ifconfig.if files, both configured with "up" and "media autoselect" neither interface is assigned an address. service dhcpcd restart produces the seg fault and service network restart fails as well (but I am not sure what the output was. I'll try again)

I'll test my system based on your suggestion, i.e. using Ron's wacky setup and sending netstat -r results.

This sounds fun, I love testing and troubleshooting, but (no laughing) I don't even know what the debug sets are or how to use them. I can look it up, and if you have some helpful docs, point me at them and I'll read those too.

Any instructions on how to "read" the dhcpcd.core file to help discover where and how it failed?