Re: USB stick error message

On Thu, 14 Oct 2021, Michael van Elst wrote:

Are you sure you started the 'a' partition at 63 like in the example ?

I think the question is did I perform ALL the steps listed in that section of the wiki page?

Just now, executing the last one, I ran into an error I did not see before:

--snip--

# installboot -v -o timeout=1 /dev/rsd1a /usr/mdec/bootxx_ffsv1
File system:         /dev/rsd1a
Primary bootstrap:   /usr/mdec/bootxx_ffsv1
Boot options: timeout 1, flags 0, speed 9600, ioaddr 0, console pc
installboot: Writing `/dev/rsd1a': Read-only file system
installboot: Set bootstrap operation failed

--snip--

So I think that's fairly dispositive for the claim I did not pay enough attention first time around.

So I am back to asking for a remedy, only the stick is practically empty right now, so there's no concern for ensuring the survival of its content.

--
A person of great honour in Ireland (who was pleased to stoop so low as to look into my mind) used to tell me that my mind was like a conjured spirit, that would do mischief if I did not give it employment.
                                     Jonathan Swift