USB stick error message

I put the USB stick that has been booting my NUC -- equipped with current 9.99.88 -- into my old eMachine, hit F12 when the eMachine logo appeared, and was presented a boot-device selector screen that correctly identified the stick. Choosing it I was soon at a halt with these three lines displayed:

--snip--

fn: diskn
1: NetBSD
Error 3

--snip--

Can anyone translate? Should I post in current-users?

Thank you.

--
A person of great honour in Ireland (who was pleased to stoop so low as to look into my mind) used to tell me that my mind was like a conjured spirit, that would do mischief if I did not give it employment.
                                Jonathan Swift