Re: proposed change to getty

On Wed, 13 Oct 2021, Johnny Billquist wrote:

Ah! Definitely agree there. getty should only really have a delay if it is a remote terminal, in fact. If you don't have modem control to start with, it has always been pointless to even have a delay, or play with DTR.

But it's wrong to just adopt the code to one use case, when there are several.

The com(4) driver has had a better workaround for this issue for a quarter of a century. Many other serial drivers do too.

Like I said in the original email, if this change causes issues for you, let me know which driver to look at and I will help fix it.

Take care,
Jared